Saturday, April 5, 2008

you can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles

The birds still sing at seven in California.
The birds still sing at seven in California.
The birds still sing at seven in California.

I don't know why, but I kept repeating this sentence in my mind while I was walking back to my room after a full day of classes and emotion. All I know is that hearing the birds chirp and seeing the sun getting ready to go down, was the only moment of clarity and peace I had yesterday.

So many things are breaking me right now...............................................................................................
but I am trying to stay me through all of it, so I don't go back to a place I refuse to be in.

I tried to go out last night and on thursday, but it's hard for me to be some "nice fun girl that's out to drink and be care-free and ready to dance and be social" when it's so dark inside, plus I can't fake it because I am rooted in honesty and making myself vulnerable to world even if it rejects me here and there.

The only thing I want is what is real. I am not here to wow anyone with charm or charisma or anything that isn't true. I am here to be only the real me moment to moment, day by day, month by month, year by year, yet I feel so much pressure to do otherwise, but I won't adjust to social etiquette or pretending. I am ready to be rejected by people and ideas who can't handle me because there is nothing more pure than being real all of the time. Real is all I will be.

"My dear, you are more stunning, more explosive, more luminous than a supernova."-quote from a lover to his lover (to remain unnamed)...If I could be loved this much by someone, my days could be a little bit easier, but I am alone. I am alone with you. I am alone with my friends, but its not that bad; it just feels a whole lot worse, but it's ok because I know this emptiness will once again be filled as soon as I feel all the beauty seep back in again.

Right now I am thankful for my 14 dollar ticket to La La La Human steps tonight, which I will be attending with several wonderful dancers who I respect highly. I am thankful for the comfort that Ana Caravelle's voice brings me. It will be ok, even though "there's this pain in your (my) chest that you can't get rid of."

No comments: